Sunday, May 11, 2014

Calling all Single Moms! Happy Mother's Day

So I have been kind of floundering with this blog.  I wasn't really sure which direction to go with it.  You guys seem to like my workouts and recipes but I have very inconsistent because I really didn't have any direction.  Today it hit me....
I woke up to my daughter (she is 7.5) upset because she couldn't make me breakfast in bed by herself.  For those of you who don't know me personally I am a single mother....When I say single mother I don't mean she goes with her father every other weekend and I get child support.  I mean if I am not at work my daughter is with me.  Every waking moment of everyday.... 
Back to my point... I have managed to figure out how to live a healthy lifestyle on a non existent budget and absolutely no free time so I thought I would share my ideas with you folks.  

Today I have added a healthy cookie recipe my daughter and I love to cook and a do it ANYWHERE workout for those of us that cannot afford a gym or at least one with daycare.  
Chewy Almond Butter Cookies

http://cdn-3.fastpaleo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/image.jpg

Ingredients
·         1 cup raw almond butter
·         1 teaspoon baking soda
·         1/4 cup honey
·         1/2 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
·         1 egg
Method
Step 1
Preheat oven to 350 degrees  and line a tray with non-stick baking paper.
Step 2
In a bowl, whisk all the ingredients except the chocolate chips together, then gently mix in the chocolate chips.
Step 3
Gently scoop out 1-2 tablespoons of the batter onto the tray. (The batter may be loose but it doesn't generally spread out a lot).
Step 4
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until they are slightly firm. Allow the cookies to sit on the cookie sheet for another 10 minutes after removing from the oven.



 Warm-up:
75 jumping jacks
Dynamic warm-up - 4 movements x 2 at 25 yards

Main set:
30 mountain climbers
15 burpees
3 x 5 pull-ups
15 box jumps
15 sandbag squat-throws or squats
3 x 10 crunches
3 x 10 jumping lunges
5 x 25′ bear crawl 

Hope you enjoy and check back soon for more helpful single healthy parenting ideas!  

~eat well and keep moving~
xoxo jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment