Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Funny story.... For those of you that don't know me my most important job is being a mom.  I have a very energetic 6 year old little girl named Kaelyn.
 I picked her up from school the other day and when she got in the car she started crying.  I asked her what was wrong?  Did something happen at school?  (she had real tears and all) She said YES!  She is the ONLY one who has to eat HEALTHY food all the other kids get to eat junk and she doesn't!   It's NOT FAIR!  (Kaleyn is very dramatic)
I of course start to laugh which infuriated her!   I can only hope that some day she thanks me for being such a mean mom and depriving her from all this junk she is missing!
I know that I am being the best role model I can be for my daughter.  This is a huge part of what motivates me to get to the gym everyday and eat right!  She doesn't realize it now but my lifestyle is going to set her up for a lifetime of health and wellness.
I was watching The Biggest Loser the other night.  Does anyone else watch this show?  I will admit I am not an avid follower but I do like the workouts.... Anywho this edition is focusing on childhood obesity.  The facts are mind blowing!
68% of children 2 to 19 years of age are OBESE!
My daughters generation is the FIRST generation to have a SHORTER life expectancy then thier parents!  We are literally killing our kids!
Us as moms live with enormous amounts of guilt especially over doing ANYTHING for ourselves.  So don't workout and get healthy for you!  Do it for your kids!
~Eat well and Keep moving~
xoxo jenn  

No comments:

Post a Comment