Wednesday, April 10, 2013

What a day!  The weather was gorgeous, my workouts were fabulous AND my 6 year old was cooperative!  That is a small miracle in itself. 
We as a family have decided recently we are all going to pay more attention to our nutrition.  Easpecially my daughters.  I am 15 days out from my next competition, my diet doesn't get any cleaner then it is right now.  Kaelyn's diet is another story!  I let her have treats ALL the time.  At this point they are not even treats anymore....So, How can I lower my daughters sugar intake without her feeling she is being deprived?  Protein Cookies!!  These cookies look like poop but they taste great and Kaelyn loves them!  
Try them with your kids...
In a large bowl add
1 1/2 cup flour (we use gluten free)
1 tsp baking powder
2 cups Isalean powder chocolate or vanilla your preference
2 tsp cinnamon
In a separate bowl 
1 1/2 cups greek yogurt (we use fat free plain)
1/2 cup homey
1/4 cup oil (we use sunflower)
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
In a third bowl 
1 cup oats 
1 cup dark chocolate chips

Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients stir well.  Add in chips and oats.  
Scoop onto cookie sheet
Cook in oven 350 degrees for 10 minutes... 

Enjoy 


~eat well and keep moving~
xoxo jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment